Sunday, May 18, 2014

Darlington Provincial Park

After a days work near Darlington I decided to take my field assistants on a little birding trip.  Both of them are pretty new to the whole birding scene and so what better time to learn then during migration!

We stopped for lunch in at Darlington Provincial Park and it was bustling with birds this day!  We started off in the parking lot by the public beach and it was bursting with songs!  One tree in it had almost everything!  Redstarts, Black-throated Blues and Green Warblers (my favourites!), Yellow Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Blackburnian Warbler, Indigo Bunting, and Baltimore Orioles.

A little further along the trail we were also able to see a Scarlet Tanager, Common Yellowthroat, least flycatcher, and a few other species!  My best sight of the day was getting to see my first Palm Warbler!!

I wasn't able to capture too many photos, but these were the three that turned out the best!

Happy Naturing everyone!
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Back-throated Blue Warbler
Baltimore Oriole

No comments:

Post a Comment