Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Red-tail's Buffet!

Today while at work I was putting something away in the fridge when a movement out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I turned to look out the window and noticed a Red-tailed Hawk on the ground! 

"Well....That's a strange place for a hawk to be", I thought to myself. As I looked closer I noticed a dark lump that it was standing on, and realized that I had JUST missed it catch a squirrel for dinner.  I ran to try and grab my camera, binos (which I didn't find) and our Co-op student who I figured would love to also see this!  We ran downstairs and slowly walked outside to near where the bird was. We of course hung back quite a ways (Thank goodness for zoom lens!) and just watched it.

I took a few shots that turned out to be pretty good I think and wanted to share them!  My favourite (probably the one most people would call the "shocker") is in this as well!  I was so lucky to have snapped a photo as it was taking off with squirrel in feet, amazing.  It is certainly not everyday that you get to see the food chain occurring right in front of your face and also in the middle of a city like North York (Toronto).

What can I say...it was one of the best coffee breaks I've ever had!










No comments:

Post a Comment